Re: [linux-audio-user] LinuxUser expo - anyone attending on 16th?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] LinuxUser expo - anyone attending on 16th?
From: John Warburton (john_AT_johnwarburton.net)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 21:43:15 EET

Hello,

I've come to this rather late: use Linux extensively as the do-all, be-all
tool in the suites of the television production company I work for. The
quality of the audio tools is verifiable, which gives me confidence in
preparing soundtracks and, increasingly, laid-off sets of video frames in
Film-Gimp or whatever it's called now. Used Linux live on-air for the
Channel 5 show "The Vicious Circle" for twelve weeks, providing a
continuous backing track and pitch-shifting via the 'sox' tool. This was
on an old HP box that cost us about six peanuts from a surplus vendor.

Is there likely to be a meet at Birmingham? I shall drive south from
Cheshire, not very far.

yours,
...j