Re: [linux-audio-user] advice hardware + planet ccrma

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] advice hardware + planet ccrma
From: Guy Daniel CLOTILDE (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 11:55:57 EET

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:38:07 +0100 (MET)
Jane DT <jdennett_AT_science.uva.nl> wrote / a écrit:

> it is a double processor: 2x133, 64mb. can this cope with live 64k
> encoding? and can the RH planet ccmra cope with the double processor?

yes. You can choose a multi-processor enabled kernel.
more info here:
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installkernelandsound.html

Some people can say rightly that it's better to have more ram, but I believe that if your machine is dedicated to one job, it won't be a problem at all. Maybe just some os tuning to make it easier to deal with (changing the window manager to window-maker or icewm or blackbox, etc. or nothing at all if you use command-line apps)

Guy CLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/