Re: [linux-audio-user] visual to audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] visual to audio
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 12:15:09 EET

> i was thinking more of a metasynth-like program - you import a png or
> something into the software and it turns it into a manipulable sound
> scape.

The xmms visualisation plugins can turn sound into images - so the other way
around shouldn't be impossible. Koan (I think) used to be used by Brian Eno
for 'generative music', so it should be feasible to use the colour and
pattern properties of an image to feed the input of a similar program on
Linux.

Cheers

Daniel