Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 13:35:52 EEST

Hallo,
torbenh_AT_gmx.de hat gesagt: // torbenh_AT_gmx.de wrote:

> have a look at gentoo. your machine will download source tarballs and
> install them automatically. additionally it does the make install step
> in a sandbox so that it knows what the package installed and can remove
> it cleanly.
>
> Its like installing from source but without the patching and stuff...
> installing ardour is a matter of
> sh# emerge ardour
>
> this command will fetch current ardour-cvs and its dependencies and then
> build....

Hey, we can do this, too. From snapshot.README in ardour-AGNULA:

1) fakeroot ./debian/rules snapshot

  This will log into the CVS server and download the sources, then it will
  build an orig.gz the date in YYYYMMDD format is used as version.
  The debian/changelog is updated to reflect this.

2) Proceed with dpkg-buildpackage to build the binary package

;-)

ciao