Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?
From: torbenh_AT_gmx.de
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 14:56:16 EEST

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 12:35:52PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> torbenh_AT_gmx.de hat gesagt: // torbenh_AT_gmx.de wrote:
>
> > have a look at gentoo. your machine will download source tarballs and
> > install them automatically. additionally it does the make install step
> > in a sandbox so that it knows what the package installed and can remove
> > it cleanly.
> >
> > Its like installing from source but without the patching and stuff...
> > installing ardour is a matter of
> > sh# emerge ardour
> >
> > this command will fetch current ardour-cvs and its dependencies and then
> > build....
>
> Hey, we can do this, too. From snapshot.README in ardour-AGNULA:
>
> 1) fakeroot ./debian/rules snapshot
>
> This will log into the CVS server and download the sources, then it will
> build an orig.gz the date in YYYYMMDD format is used as version.
> The debian/changelog is updated to reflect this.
>
> 2) Proceed with dpkg-buildpackage to build the binary package
>
> ;-)

ok... nice :)

but when i wanted to install galan from source on your machine i
ran into problems because the gdk-pixbuf-dev package wanted to uninstall
gnome2 and because you had gone downstairs i could not proceed...

BTW: i think i forgot to delete the galan build dir in your home.
     if you have not found it... it is somewhere in your pd path...

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language