RE: [linux-audio-user] Firewire

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Firewire
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 00:02:50 EEST

Howard,
At the level of the 1394 cable they are very hot swappable. You can unmount
the drive, plug a different one in, and then remount it. Nothing automates
this very well today, other than using labeled partitions on the drive
itself and setting up your fstab file appropriately. I use fat32, ext2, ext3
and reiserfs all under Linux at the same time.

At the level of the drive inside the Firewire enclosure, that would be based
on the hard ware you purchase.

Hope this help,
Mark