Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?
From: rob fell (robin.fell_AT_ntlworld.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 01:08:08 EEST

I'd have to agree.

I spent some weeks getting a fresh gentoo partition running, getting ardour
working, only to get stopped dead in my tracks with a (not yet proven) kernel
bug in ext3 code.

I threw my hands in the air with disgust and had RH8 + planet going in 8 hours
(incl burning/verifying the ISOs) having never tried that route before
(thanks Fernando). I'm not a dummy, but I can read the instructions (Fernando
- may I suggest a link to an rpm repair page: I remember why I ditched
MDK/RH).

Tonight I captured 3 hours of rehearsal direct to disk. No glitches. Zero to
un-coordinated hero in a day....