Re: [linux-audio-user] Still: HELP: good sound card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Still: HELP: good sound card
From: Ross Vandegrift (ross_AT_willow.seitz.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 22:55:07 EEST

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 03:18:56PM +0400, Guy Clotilde wrote:
> And I will try to express myself a last time about it:
> 'timidity -c' will _load_ _the_ _soundfont_. I know. I have tried it. With the midi file on the web page. >:I

I thought the Creative Labs AWE64 soundfonts had references to ROM
samples? I seem to recall that from playing with my sisters' AWE64...
If that's the case I'm guessing that timidity can't deal with ROM sample
references, but the AWE driver probably can.

This all begs the questions though.... why on earth does the original
poster think that soundfont sounds so good? It's stock Creative Labs
stuff... My years-old versions of Chaos 12M and Fluid both have some
better instruments than Creative's 8M GM font...

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross_AT_willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon. He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon. He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.