Re: [linux-audio-user] fluidsynth fails with alsa

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] fluidsynth fails with alsa
From: Mikhail Ramendik (mr_AT_ramendik.ru)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 23:35:23 EEST

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 23:39, Julien Patrick Claassen wrote:

> For your alsa-problem. I defenitely think, that it is a version difference
> problem. Maybe the best would be to uninstall your alsadriver package and get
> alsa0.9.2 from alsa-project.org and install that (driver, lib, utils). I have
> that combination and it works fine on my suse 8.1 (kernel 2.4.20).

But if I want to change to a new alsadriver package, will I have to
recompile the kernel?

I definitely want to avoid this, in order to be able to install kernel
updates from the distro's vendor.

By the way, it looks like the actual version in the kernel may be
0.9.0rc6, not rc2 (judging by kernel source directories). Is there a way
to check which version of alsa-driver is actually running?

--
Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik