Re: [linux-audio-user] fluidsynth fails with alsa

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] fluidsynth fails with alsa
From: Julien Patrick Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 00:21:57 EEST

Hi!
  About the version-checking I don't know, maybe check your doc directory. On
my suse I have docs under /usr/share/doc/packages. There I find info on all
installed packages.
  I think you don't need to compile the kernel (I also would avoid that). If
it is installed as a package, then I suppose that it is just another module.
So you just need to uninstall the module and compile alsa again. Make sure you
have the correct sources installed (they can make trouble), because redhat and
some other distros use patched kernels. And alsa asks for those version.h
files. They can be a real pain in the ass. :-) If you have your kernel sources
installed, then you have the config file for the kernel, serach for alsa and
look if it is m or y. If it is m you're lucky, otherwise, better get the right
package version for lib, devel and utils... :-)
  I hope that helps you.
  Kindest regards
          Julien

Julien Patrick Claassen