Re: [linux-audio-user] Need help with Audio Software

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Need help with Audio Software
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 16:47:14 EEST

Abhishek SINHA wrote:
> Hello all
> I am not a newbie to linux but certainly a newbie to
> music.I have just started to use linux to analyse some
> music. What i intend to do is to connect my machine to
> some speakers and i needed some software with which i
> can control the tempo of the song.I mean i can reduce
> the tempo of the beats make the song slow or increase
> the tempo of the beats and make the sound fast..
>
> Do we have anything like this in open source. Any help
> will be greatly appreciated

It depends how specific you need to get. You can do this with alsaplayer
or terminatorX but if you need to do exact beat matching then I'm not
sure. Audacity and ardour may have support for this but it will be in
the cvs versions.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman