Re: [linux-audio-user] Ladspa-vst

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Ladspa-vst
From: Antonis Galanopoulos (addon_AT_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 19:43:38 EEST

Hi,
> is it working for anyone else?

I had many vst plugins and instruments working with pd. That was a couple of
months ago.I havent tried with anything else.

you need to export the vst plugins directory i.e :
export VST_PATH=/home/anton/vstplugs/
and if I can remember correctly, you also need the vst.so file in your ladspa
plugs directory.I *think* that enables vst plugs to appear as ladspa plugs.
Also the vstserver has to be executed with same uid as the host.

>tried with Audacity and Ardour
btw I dont know if ardour has support for vst plugs. The latest cvs has an
option "enable-vst" but havent checked

hope that helps