Re: [linux-audio-user] Ladspa-vst

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Ladspa-vst
From: Tim Orford (tim_AT_orford.org)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 19:06:08 EEST

hi!

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 04:43:38PM +0000, Antonis Galanopoulos wrote:
> > is it working for anyone else?
>
> I had many vst plugins and instruments working with pd. That was a couple of
> months ago.I havent tried with anything else.

Looks like Pd is the best host then.
I had some fun with it just now, looking at it for the first time, but
unfortunately didnt have vst joy. I get:

/usr/bin/k_vst~.pd_linux: /usr/bin/k_vst~.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
VSTLIB_new
 k_vst~ Freeverb2
 ... couldn't create

> >tried with Audacity and Ardour
> btw I dont know if ardour has support for vst plugs. The latest cvs has an
> option "enable-vst" but havent checked

ah, so apps need explicit support for it. Makes sense.

many thanks

--
Tim Orford