RE: [linux-audio-user] jackd fails to start: cannot create shm segment /jack-shm-registry (No such file or directory)

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] jackd fails to start: cannot create shm segment /jack-shm-registry (No such file or directory)
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 21:59:52 EEST

Hmm., I guess I was rejoicing prematurely...

I added /dev/shm into fstab:

none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

recompiled CVS jack (configure finds shm stuff ok)

started jack and the same thingy happens:

jackd -d alsa -d hw:0
jackd 0.68.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

key for /tmp/jack/shm/jack-shm-registry is 0x6a0bdb99
cannot create shm segment /jack-shm-registry (No such file or directory)
cannot create engine

I guess I am back to square one.

In addition, I forgot to mention one important issue with my other
machine (where Jack works), and that is that it was updated from mdk9.0,
while this one was a clean install. After two clean installs on two
different machines, I noticed that neither had the shm entry in fstab,
which obviously nullifies the possibility that it was a faulty install
in the first place.

Again, any help is greatly appreciated! Sincerely,

Ico