Re: [linux-audio-user] Using DeMuDi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Using DeMuDi
From: Tim Hall (tim_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 16:08:21 EEST

On Sunday 20 April 2003 17:18, Darren Warner wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have a few general questions for those people using DeMuDi,
>
> - Which version are you using - woody or sid?

woody/woody

> - Is anyone using a sid DeMuDi over a sarge (or even woody) base Debian?
>
> - How much software are you replacing with upstream source balls or CVS
> versions?

none yet

> - How 'usable' is your setup - I doubt that many have a workhorse
> solution, although there seem to be a few success stories on this list
> and elsewhere, but is it still really just experimental (in the Debian
> sense of the word)?

trouble using jack / MIDI editors - more to do with fact I'm running it on a
P133 (well somebody had to!). Have not had time to recompile kernel & mess
about with cvs yet. (Too much actual playing music to be done - Guess I'm not
enough of a geek :-). Otherwise fairly useable.

DeMuDi is still in beta, but an updated distribution has been promised for
sometime soon.

cheers

tim hall