Re: [linux-audio-user] How to use Sound Blaster Live! Sound Fonts (user banks)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How to use Sound Blaster Live! Sound Fonts (user banks)
From: Nick Tsocanos (nicktsocanos_AT_charter.net)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 07:34:15 EEST

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 20:05, Brian Redfern wrote:
> I use the smurf sound font editor, which gives the option of a "wavetable
> load", but you can also use the awe tools to load a soundfont onto the
> card from the command line. Then when I open up muse if its working right
> I'll see four entries for the sblive card's soundfont and can sequence it
> from muse or rosegarden4.
>
> http://www.brianredfern.org
>
> On 21 Apr 2003, Nick Tsocanos wrote:
>
> > How do you use user fonts on an SBLive? I can load GM/GS fine and use
> > them, but what if I load a user bank to bank 1? How do I sequence to it?

Howdy!
I can load them fine using sfxload. I am still figuring out Rosegarden,
I can't figure out how to change where Rosegarden is seqnuenced to (how
do you change it's program or bank, it always playes 0 on channel 0 on
the emu10k1 "piano").

Now, programmatically, I figure out what I needed to know. To write a
program to sequence to the wavetable, first I do a bank change message,
and than a program change. This was what I really needed to know how to
do and it works fine this way.

I'll get back to rosegarden and figure it out. I finally figured out how
to record (the ding-bat window comes up with those controls invisible
for some reason). Rosegarden is a very impressive program, it can show
you the literal notes in note format, or edit it the way I like as a
MIDI track file format.

Now to figure out how to set a loop in it and I'm set. And how to change
the instrument it is playing to. I really think it's nice looking and
very professional. I am aspiring to be able to write Linux apps that
look that nice.