Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] any Xemacs users here ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] any Xemacs users here ?
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 15:31:48 EEST

svz wrote:

> good idea - cos only true editors like VIM should be allowed to be talked about OT :-)

Actually, I'm primarily a vim user, but I would like to know more about
emacs in a particular setting, viz. the Common family of sound & music
apps from CCRMA at Stanford. I'm getting further into Common Music, and
since the environment is Lisp I figured it's time to learn more about
emacs. What little I've learned so far has already enabled me to stay
within a single environment for editing, compiling, and running my CM
files. It's very cool.

No fear, I'll probably stay with vim forever. I write everything with
it, it's truly a godsend for a professional writer. But my quest for
knowledge drives me onward into dark and dangerous realms... ;)

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org