Re: [linux-audio-user] x-11

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] x-11
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 22:11:21 EEST

I've been paring down all the studio gear I accumulated, because most of
it is irrelavant, but I do a lot with a 533 PII with an sblive card, once
soundfonts are loaded on the card there's no perceptable latency when midi
sequncing my own samples, but my next project is a jazz recording with
acoustic guitar, flute chromatic harmonica and some electronic backgrounds
I plan to generate from csound, before I've been making most of my music
with a korg electribe and an asrx sampler recorded and mixed in audacity,
but as I learn more about how o use alsa I'm trying to get rid of all my
extra hardware. I also do live electronics and actually had my first
successful all-linux live show. Previously I did most of my live shows
with the music hardware and then just dropped in little bits from the
laptop, but in this case I left the other gear at home and just relyed on
linux for the whole show, and fortunately I'd spent enough months
practicing to pull it off.

http://www.brianredfern.org