[linux-audio-user] ALSA Modular question?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ALSA Modular question?
From: Nick Tsocanos (nicktsocanos_AT_charter.net)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 04:49:40 EEST

Hi,
I dunno if ALSA modular has it's own forum?

What do some of these things in the program do? I like this program alot
so far, but I never played with a real Modular system, so I don't know
much about making cool sounds with it. I made a cool wah-wah bass sound
that I saved.

What does quantizer do? I doesn't seem to anything. I can't figure out
how to trigger it either, nothing but Quantizer makes a trigger signal
it seems. I looked at some examples but didn't figure out how it worked.

How do use CVS? What do you put them into?

Can you play it polyphonic? LADSPA says Create Poly, but I don't know
what it does.

Where can I learn to make sounds with a modular synthesizer? I can make
basic sounds so far, but how do I make interesting sounds with it? I do
it mostly by accident so far. I don't know what I'm doing so I just put
wires all over the place. Sometimes it sounds amazingly cool though!
Sometimes it makes the machine blow up (crickle-crackle).