Re: [linux-audio-user] Resampling loop libraries

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Resampling loop libraries
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 02:59:30 EEST

On 25 Apr 2003 16:39:07 -0400
Mark Knecht <markknecht_AT_attbi.com> wrote:

> Steve and Eric,
> Thanks for the ideas. Sound Stretch looks quite interesting, but I'm
> not sure if it handles the file format part of the problem. I certainly
> need 24-bit capabilities. The page says 'wave' and '16-bit PCM'. The
> program looks like a good starting point though. (And I'm running
> Mandrake this evening, so I think it might be easier to build. We'll
> see...)

I had a look at that program. The time streching is done in the time
domain so its only ever going to be any good on certain signals and
over small stretch/pitch factors. The interpolator is also limited
to linear interpolation.

However, I do not think it would be too hard to drop libsndfile into
the SoundStretch code to do the file I/O and you could probably also
replace the existing linear interpolator with Secret Rabbit Code.

See:

    http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/libsndfile/
    http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/

> Maybe I need to do something to take advantage of the 'Acidized'
> feature of the loops also?

That final part I have no answers for (yet).

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
The Earth is around 70% water. Fish rule the seas.
Humans are over 90% water. It's only a matter of time.