Re: [linux-audio-user] Resampling loop libraries

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Resampling loop libraries
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_attbi.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 23:39:07 EEST

Steve and Eric,
   Thanks for the ideas. Sound Stretch looks quite interesting, but I'm
not sure if it handles the file format part of the problem. I certainly
need 24-bit capabilities. The page says 'wave' and '16-bit PCM'. The
program looks like a good starting point though. (And I'm running
Mandrake this evening, so I think it might be easier to build. We'll
see...)

   Sox looks interesting. Quite a lot of capabilities there also.

   Maybe I need to do something to take advantage of the 'Acidized'
feature of the loops also? Acid loops have tempo and root note info in
the files. It would be nice to somehow be able to use that to get a
better result.

   I wonder if Swami might have some of the capabilities I'm looking
for?

  Again, thanks for the ideas!

Cheers,
Mark