Re: [linux-audio-user] Gstreamer-Properties and ALSA/JACK

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Gstreamer-Properties and ALSA/JACK
From: Alex Combas (ghetto_samurai_AT_shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 21:15:58 EEST

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 01:01, Jon Ellis wrote:
> What version of jack are you using? Jack-cvs hasn't been well recently.
> You are probably better off using the latest
> media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit. My only experience with
> gstreamer has been net-rhythmbox which is still very flakey and not
> going to get committed until i can get something more stable together.

I was using jack-cvs, but after your comment I got rid of that and
emerged jack-audio-connection-kit which says that it is version 0.61.0

I then re-emerged gstreamer, and re-ran gst-register-0.6 (dont think
that really apply's to my prob but doesnt hurt to try) and then started
jack with: jackd -a -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -p 512 -r 44100 -D

I then ran gstreamer-properties and tested the jacksink but it still
fails saying:Failed to construct test pipeline for 'Jack

Here is my output from gstreamer-properties after testing jacksink:
# gstreamer-properties
INFO (26771: 0) Initializing GStreamer Core Library version 0.6.1
INFO (26771: 0) CPU features: (c1c7fbff) MMX 3DNOW MMXEXT
INFO (26771: 0) registry: loaded user_registry in 0.000273 seconds
          (/root/.gstreamer/registry.xml)
INFO (26771: 0) registry: loaded global_registry in 0.664984 seconds
          (/var/lib/cache/gstreamer-0.6/registry.xml)

I was running jack and gstreamer-properties both as root at the same
time.

Thanks again for any help you can give, i love net-rb but it stutters a
bit when resizing windows(others have commented on this too) and I hope
that switching to jacksink will help that a bit, but even if it doesnt I
will still just feel a lot better knowing that the audio of all my gnome
apps is not going to osssink.

--
Alex Combas <ghetto_samurai_AT_shaw.ca>
This message is digitally signed.