Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi midiman 8x8

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi midiman 8x8
From: Clemens Ladisch (clemens_AT_ladisch.de)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 12:21:18 EEST

R Parker wrote:
> I've run into problems with my audiophile 2496 where
> the mpu401 hardware design doesn't support TX
> interupts so when spinlocks occur it causes complete
> system lockup. Power reset required.

This bug has now been completely fixed. You can get the latest MPU-401
driver from the CVS, or I can send you the files.

> 1. I've got a midiman usb 8x8, has anyone gotten this
> to work with the firmware from the Linux Hotplug? I
> think this work was done by Clemens Ladisch.

The GPL firmware on linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net was written by Lars
Dölle, and it supports 1x1 and 2x2 devices only. For the 8x8, you
currently need my package from
<http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~ladischc/midisport_linux_firmware.html>.

> 2. If I can get the 8x8 working, this would eliminate
> the need for an audiocard that has midi i/o. Right?

Yes. (And nothing prevents you from using both.)

HTH
Clemens