Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] Ahh

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] Ahh
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 17:50:53 EEST

> While we're on this thread my immediate reaction is to the general
> labelling - great if you're an engineer - a bit confusing if you're
> 'just' a musician trying to make the best of a previously analogue
> recording. It would be useful to have a plain language description
> of what the plug-in is supposed to do when you bring it up and also
> what units you're entering, possibly with a suggested range.

A one line decription above the author credit would be good.

I also think that the usability of the (excellent) swh plugins would
be enhanced by some handy default settings for the faders.

So if you open - for example - Gverb for the first time, instead of
the settings:

1
1
1
1
0
0
0

which gives you quite a nasty effect, you had:

30
5
0.5
1
0
-35
-35

which gives you the sort of reverb that musicans are probably looking
for. From there, it's much easier to understand what the sliders do
by experimentation.

It's up to us users to give Steve a hand here. If we have favourite
presets for the swh plugins, maybe we should let the list know. Or
descriptions - although Barry's Satan Maximiser says it all.

Cheers

Daniel