Re: [linux-audio-user] Frustrated, small review on sequencers :(

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Frustrated, small review on sequencers :(
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 20:23:34 EEST

Mark Knecht wrote:
> A number of them
> are likely Alsa or the driver for my HDSP 9652 which no longer even works.
> (Talk about a bad choice of hardware for Linux. It works, then it dies, then
> 4 months go by with no ability to do anything. Choose your hardware and
> those who support it with great care!) ((P.S. - Patrick Shirkey clear,
> loudly and forcefully told me this before I bought. I didn't listen, so it's
> clearly my $500 mistake!!))

Bollucks......

There is just a time differential in the Linux world.

When it works it will be better and faster than the proprietry equivs.
Just make sure you save working versions of the drivers.

Like I said a while ago. It took me a year of hard core debugging to
find the device fully functional. That leaves you with at least 6 more
months.

Just look at it as enforced live/acoustic work :)

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman