[linux-audio-user] newbie q: making a machine

Subject: [linux-audio-user] newbie q: making a machine
From: Jonathan Segel (jsegel_AT_magneticmotorworks.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 22:18:30 EEST

hi, i'm a recent linux user, coming from mac universe. i started by
putting YDL on one of my old macs last summer, but now i'm gonna get
serious.
so my question is: what parts would you recommend for making a Linux
box to run audio on? i realize this is a big field, but any clues are
helpful.
also, i'm probably going to use redhat, given that my ydl exprerience
is based on redhat. any precautionary measures?

thanks all

Jonathan Segel  -- MAGNETIC -- PO Box 460816 S.F. CA. 94146-0816
               4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
   jsegel_AT_magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite_AT_yahoo.com
                http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com
    tel (510) 534 7825  cell (510) 484 7415  fax (425) 955 4495