[linux-audio-user] [Fwd: [Ardour-users] pitch raise?]

Subject: [linux-audio-user] [Fwd: [Ardour-users] pitch raise?]
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 08:30:24 EEST

I see a similar problem while using the pitch scaler. I thought it might
have been the harmonics of the tone I was using and the fact I had it
echoing before scaling.

But it only worked at the lowest settings moving any of the faders more
than a small bit caused it to max out and kill all the audio in tX until
I turned it down again.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman

attached mail follows:

Hello,

Of course you all know I'm new to this, so it might seem a ignorant question. I'm trying to raise the pitch of something quite dramatically (almost to the point of sounding fast-forwarded). Using the pitch increase thing in the ladspa set, when raising it to the degree I need it it sounds very robotic. The AM pitch scaler sounds a bit better. Then the "higher qualiter pitch scaler" doesn't work at all, when I activiate it it maxes out the (meter?) and doesnt give any sound.

So I'm wondering, am I doing something wrong, is there a different way, or am I stuck?

Thanks,

Bryan

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: ObjectStore. If flattening out C++ or Java code to make your application fit in a relational database is painful, don't do it! Check out ObjectStore. Now part of Progress Software. http://www.objectstore.net/sourceforge _______________________________________________ Ardour-users mailing list Ardour-users_AT_lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ardour-users