Re: [linux-audio-user] maestro3 ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] maestro3 ?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 08:26:33 EEST

iriXx wrote:
> Paul Winkler wroted:
>

>>i'm not sure but i *think* you have the same chip that's in my latitude
>>cpi-A. works with the nm256 driver. But there are really irritating bugs
>>that cause the machine to freeze maybe 1 out of 3 times that i load the
>>drivers (at startup). :-(
>

> hmmm this sounds difficult and a little beyond my skills....
>
> how do i then go about option #2 - installing the alsa drivers for my
> usb-quattro, but keeping the oss drivers for the maestro3?...
> i'll need to rewrite my modules.conf but im not really sure how to support
> both alsa and oss at the same time....

YOu cannot run them at the same time but you can have tehm installed at
the same time and when you want to use them you rmmod the other. The
install procedure is exactly the same for alsa and there is not
procedure for OSS other than making sure it is a module and not internal
to the kernel.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman