Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi midiman 8x8

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi midiman 8x8
From: Frank Pirrone (fpirrone_AT_localnet.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 15:01:57 EEST

Clemens Ladisch wrote:

>R Parker wrote:
>

>>I thought it'd be interesting for you to know that
>>Patrick Shirkey and I got the USB Midiman 8x8 setup
>>installed on my machine:
>>
>>A potential stumbling block for this setup is the
>>kernel usb module choice of ohci for AMD vs uhci for
>>Intel. We thought it might be worth mentioning in the
>>README.
>>

>Yes, I'm going to write a troubleshooting guide where this (and
>hotplug-related issues) will be discussed.
>

>Regards
>Clemens

Danke, Clemens. I look forward to it.

 I have a hotplug problem where my MidiSport 2x2 is successfully
initialized "every other boot!" I see no change in
/etc/sysconfig/hwconf or /etc/modules.conf, but one time the device is
lit up and ready to go, and the next it's dark.

Disconnect/reconnect sees it detected and initialized immediately, so I
assume the problem with my RedHat 8.0 installation is either hotplug or
kudzu.

Frank