Re: [linux-audio-user] audio cdrom permissions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] audio cdrom permissions
From: Guy Clotilde (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 12:16:41 EEST

Hi

On Mon, 19 May 2003 22:56:41 +0200, derek holzer wrote / a écrit:

> none of the apps were knowingly installed set-uid... they all came from
> deb packages, though, so i know of no way to tell for certain. how to
> find out? how to change?

I remember some weird set-uid experiences on Mandrake caused by the level of security. I was told it was related to the msec program that checks permissions, even if you change them by hand. Usually the changes worked until a certain time (reboot?) when msec find out that something has happened.

Don't know if it helps.

cheers
GuyCLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org