[linux-audio-user] Re: modules.conf for both alsa and oss was Re: [linux-audio-user] maestro3 ?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: modules.conf for both alsa and oss was Re: [linux-audio-user] maestro3 ?
From: Joachim B Haga (cjhaga+list_AT_ifi.uio.no)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 14:51:25 EEST

> i suppose if you cant run the two side by side, its
> possible i could have 2 modules.conf files, and swap them when i need
> to run the quattro....?

A bit kludgy but possible. I have both /etc/modules.conf.oss and
/etc/modules.conf.alsa, and use a small shell script to switch
between them and clean out the old modules (and some other stuff,
not relevant here):

#!/bin/sh

case $1 in
oss) rm /etc/modules.conf
        ln -s /etc/modules.conf.oss /etc/modules.conf
        lsmod | awk '/^snd/ {print $1}' | xargs modprobe -r
        ;;
alsa) rm /etc/modules.conf
        ln -s /etc/modules.conf.alsa /etc/modules.conf
        modprobe -r ymfpci sound
        ;;
*) echo "Try again"
        exit 1