Re: [linux-audio-user] Disk sampler?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Disk sampler?
From: Alexandre Prokoudine (avp_AT_altlinux.ru)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 09:58:00 EEST

On Thu, 22 May 2003 18:09:40 +0300
Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi> wrote:

> Hello. Does the linuxsampler.sourceforge.net really work
> as a full-blown sampler? What else I need for using it?

As far as I'm concerned this project is at the stage of libraries
like libakai. Once there are enough libraries, there will be some
binary code to use them. Currently Steve is busy with the masterng
tool.

But yiou can check out Swami (swami.sourceforge.net). You can use it
as sampler.

PD is an amazing tool. It has lots of extensions (www.pure-data.org)

> I must repeat what others have said: we need good examples and
> demos. I tried to check good Csound demos but no such thing
> available. Examples were from dull to the worst kind of monotonous
> tones.

If you are looking for examples that are licensed under Free Art
license or so, there won't be many, I'm afraid. But there are really
cool non-licensed examples like "singing monk" (it's a composition
with a synthesised singing male voice). I can ask one of my
friends (who is fan of Csound) for a link for you.

--
Alexandre Prokoudine
ALT Linux Documentation Team