Re: [linux-audio-user] No state is present for card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] No state is present for card
From: iriXx (m_AT_iriXx.org)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 03:24:55 EEST

Denis de Leeuw Duarte wrote:

>> "State" means the current mixer settings, but the Quattro doesn't have
>> any
>> mixer elements. The message is misleading in this case.
>

> Ah thanks! Well it is working now!!!! I've been struggling with this
> device for a week. First I had to return it to the store because they
> gave me the wrong power supply and probably a defective unit. I'm very
> glad it works now. Except for the fact that I can't use the device as a
> normal user (and yes I am in the audio group) but this is probably so
> trivial I won't bother you with it (yet;-)

after you've modprobed you'll need to do
chmod a+rwx /dev/dsp /dev/mixer /dev/sequencer /dev/midi

i find i need to do this manually each time (okay i could add it to my
startup scripts but i prefer the control of doing it by hand each time...)

bw
m~

--
  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

.::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.

gnupg key ID: AEB7A31E