Re: [linux-audio-user] No state is present for card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] No state is present for card
From: Denis de Leeuw Duarte (den_ddld_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 12:28:22 EEST

Well I fixed the access problem quite easily last night actually. This might
be a bit distro dependent since not all of them use the devfs, so ymmv. In
/etc/devfsd.conf add this:

LOOKUP snd MODLOAD ACTION snd
LOOKUP dsp MODLOAD
LOOKUP mixer MODLOAD
LOOKUP midi MODLOAD
REGISTER sound/.* PERMISSIONS root.audio 660
REGISTER snd/.* PERMISSIONS root.audio 660

Which then gives access to the audio group automatically. Add yourself to
the audio group and you're done. It didn't seem to work with me at first,
but I just had to log out of my kde session an login again and then it
worked.