[linux-audio-user] No state is present for card

Subject: [linux-audio-user] No state is present for card
From: Denis de Leeuw Duarte (den_ddld_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 17:55:36 EEST

Hello again,

By the looks of it, the new alsa 0.9.3c snd-usb-audio driver loads correctly
with my Quattro, but I get this message when running the alsasound script:
"No state is present for card Quattro". I have the impression that the
documentation on the alsa site for .asoundrc doesn't really cover the newer
asound.state file, is that correct? For instance, alsa looks for a
state.Quatto{} clause in asound.state, but I can't find anything in the
documentation about this state clause. I don't really know what to put in
it. I tried Patrick Shirkey's .asoundrc file from the Wiki but that doesn't
work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Denis de Leeuw Duarte