[linux-audio-user] USB Quattro and Jack questions

Subject: [linux-audio-user] USB Quattro and Jack questions
From: Denis de Leeuw Duarte (den_ddld_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 11:13:47 EEST

Hi folks,

I've got a few questions about the USB Quattro and Jack. Hope you can anwer
s ome of them:

I'm writing this app and I managed to get my Quattro going with Jack, but
only two of the outputs are available as ports at a time (quattro1 or
quattro2). Is there a way to invoke jackd so all four ins and outs are
available as Jack ports? I use the .asoundrc file Patrik Shirkey wrote, but
I understand too little of it to work it out :).

Another question:

How good/bad are the latencies other Quattro owners have experienced with
Jack at 96k? Is it good enough to attempt close to real time signal
processing in software? I've read somewhere that it is possible to bring
latencies down to (quote) <0.5 milliseconds on a P500. Is this also possible
with Jack? At 96k? I have an athlon-xp 1600 btw.

Regards,

Denis