Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi
From: Clemens Ladisch (clemens_AT_ladisch.de)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 12:06:01 EEST

R Parker wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out what device I should point
> applications (ardour) at in order for them to see
> incoming mmc and to send mtc. I've got what appears to
> be a working USB midiman 8x8:
> >aconnect -i
> client 72: 'Rawmidi 1 - MidiSport 8x8' [type=kernel]
> 0 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 0'
> 1 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 1'
> 2 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 2'
> 3 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 3'
> 4 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 4'
> 5 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 5'
> 6 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 6'
> 7 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 7'
> 8 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 8'

If the data is from/to an external device connected to the 8x8, it should
work with the appropriate port (0-7). If the data is for the 8x8 itself,
you could try the ninth port ("Port 8") which is called "Control Port" in
the Windows driver.

I don't actually have a MidiSport, so I don't know if or how it has to be
configured to do MIDI timing.

HTH
Clemens