RE: [linux-audio-user] USB Quattro and Jack questions

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] USB Quattro and Jack questions
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 23:13:52 EEST

> > 96000 * 24-bits * 4-channels = 9.216Mb/S if I did the calculations
> > correctly.
>
> For clarity, you have come up with the number of bits...

Fair enough, but the USB spec specifies bandwidth in bit/Sec, not bytes/Sec,
so this was on purpose. I am specifically speaking of the number of bits on
the USB cable to do the audio.

You make a good point that 'programs' may change audio into 32-bit entities
within the computer, but that does not mean that it is legal to transmit
those entities down the USB cable to Patrick's Quattro. (It may be, but I'd
be surprised.)