RE: [linux-audio-user] USB Quattro and Jack questions

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] USB Quattro and Jack questions
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 20:14:34 EEST

Completely true to the best of my knowledge. '1394 Sound Support' normally
equates to MLAN. I've got the MLAN specs (legally from Yamaha) and would
love to find a way to develop some Linux drivers, but alas we need people to
do that. There are MLAN NDA issues, but our lawyer thought that shouldn't
stand in the way of being able to do an Open Source driver if there was
interest.

As for USB 2.0, I would have thought that wouldn't be much of an issue,
being sort of incremental over the existing USB environment, but I could be
wrong about that, and I haven't actually seen any USB 2.0 audio devices yet.
Are there any? (I haven't looked.)