[linux-audio-user] Running Jack etc as Root?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Running Jack etc as Root?
From: Rohan Parkes (rparkes_AT_email.com)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 16:58:12 EEST

Is Jack meant to be run as root? I thought it was, but reading the
thread about jack start-up scripts suggested otherwise.

Howver, if I launch Jack and ladcca as a normal user, ladcca keeps
complaining that it can't read a folder in the root directory. I think
other patch apps did the same. This is partly what lead me to suppose
that Jack and associated apps had to run as root.

--
Rohan Parkes <rparkes_AT_email.com>