Re: [linux-audio-user] command-line recording software?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] command-line recording software?
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 00:24:51 EEST

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Tim wrote:

> 1. Distortion results when recording from some sources but not others.
[...]
> command line of rec doesn't alter this distortion. I've attached the
> ecasound -ev output.

The input signal seems to be severely clipped. Try running 'ecasignalview'
(comes with the ecasound package) and adjust the recording level (either
from source and/or with 'alsamixer' or other mixer sw) until the
'clipped-samples' counter stops increasing.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!