Re: [linux-audio-user] Manuals wanted

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Manuals wanted
From: Rob (lau_AT_kudla.org)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 19:52:09 EEST

On Thursday 05 June 2003 12:13, Torsten Anders wrote:
> Why do you ask for docs of current versions of mainstream software (a
> collector may be most interested in old and non-mainstream stuff). What
> does this have to do with open source software?

I can see where they'd be useful for (a) making documentation with an eye
towards migrating users of those applications over to their free software
equivalents, and (b) documenting what features are and aren't available in
those equivalents to date. Since actually running the software isn't usually
an option for those of us running Linux, obtaining the manuals is kind of a
clever workaround for that.

I'm pretty sure if you look on the file sharing networks you'll find manuals
for most or all of these in PDF form, Juhana.

Rob