Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] QAMix - MIDI controlled Mixer for ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] QAMix - MIDI controlled Mixer for ALSA
From: Lukas Degener (AFBLukas_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 13:58:47 EEST

Matthias Nagorni wrote:

>On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>

>>If you can't compile qamix, although yout think you have everything
>>QT3 installed, then you havn't: You need libqt3-compat-headers as well
>>

>BTW I guess Frank Neumann has the libqt3-compat-headers installed because
>he uses AlsaModularSynth. And ams still has a lot of QList objects. Probably
>it's time to fix this as well...

basicaly it isn't very difficult to create your own "compat. headers".

E.g. this is what my qlist.h looks like:

/* just a quick hack to ensure ams compiles.
 */
#warning qlist.h and the class QList is obsolete. this is a dirty hack!
#ifndef Q_LIST_HACK
#define Q_LIST_HACK

#include "qptrlist.h"
#define QList QPtrList

#endif

That's about it. Just have a look at the error messages from g++ to find
out, what other classes it's missing, find out the new name and proceed
like above.
iirc, there were also a few other (minor) things, like i had to add a
few symlinks, etc.

Regards,
Lukas