[linux-audio-user] Laptop/Ozone usb keyboard

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Laptop/Ozone usb keyboard
From: Atte André Jensen (atte_AT_ballbreaker.dk)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 14:01:19 EEST

Hi

I'm thinking about getting a laptop mainly for live performance using
softsynths (PD, Csound, something like that), but would also like to be
able to use it for multitrack midi and audio recording.

I guess the answer to "what laptop to buy for softsynths" is "the faster
the better". Unfortunately I'm on a budget, but I'm very interrested in
what kinda performance I can expect from various processors, clock
speeds, amount of RAM etc (very vague, huh?). For instance I sac a
Fujitsu/Simens AMILO running 2.0 GHz Celeron with 256MB of RAM. Would
that be an option?

Also I'm interrested in the Ozone USB keyboard, since it's compact and
would give me audio/midi interface and some kind of controller. How is
this thingy supported under linux?

Is there anything I overlooked? Aspects to take into account? Other
software to look at? Webpages to go to?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

--
peace, love & harmony