Re: [linux-audio-user] looping music that i play

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] looping music that i play
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 10:51:07 EEST

Hallo,
Peter Jay Salzman hat gesagt: // Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i'd like to:
>
> * record a single chorus of "girl from ipanema" on my accoustic guitar.
>
> * play it endlessly in a loop while i practise jazz improvisation.
>
> * it would be nice for my computer to provide a metronome while i play
> (and record that metronome over my recording), but that's not necessary
> since i can use a real metronome and have it play in the background.
>
> i went to dave phillip's site, and found a staggering number of
> recorders and players.
>
> can someone suggest a nice easy to use set of tools to do this with?

Try sweep (not for very large files, but great for loops) or Audacity,
which is easy to use and well documented. Another good one is snd, but
might be hard to get into and I normally don't record with it. For
quick and dirty command line work nothing beats ecasound, provided you
learn some keyboard shortcuts.

ciao