Re: [linux-audio-user] newbie question about a Delta 1010LT card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] newbie question about a Delta 1010LT card
From: Akos Maroy (darkeye_AT_tyrell.hu)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 22:21:23 EEST

Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> This is why you should use ALSA.

of course I understand that this being the ALSA list, there would be
some degree of advocacy for ALSA itself. but nevertheless, there is a
reason for the OSS interface in ALSA. I don't see why I should re-write
my application to do simple tasks that OSS itself can do. after all, I
just want to read from the sound card.