Re: [linux-audio-user] how to build a studio?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] how to build a studio?
From: Markus Schwarzenberg (schwarzenberg_AT_ipms.fraunhofer.de)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 16:59:02 EEST

Emiliano Grilli wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> What do you think about tannoy reveal monitors?
> http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw8_artikel-128670.html

The Reveal Active is what I'm using for four years now. Good for the
price, I think (of course much worse than a $2000 klangbau monitor). At
least the mastering result sounds quite good on a lot of other (both
cheaper and more expensive) equipment. But you should only use the
active version
(http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw8_artikel-133901.html). When I
compared both the passive version made a two classes lower impression to
me. Simply sell the amp... ;-)

Markus Schwarzenberg