Re: [linux-audio-user] how to build a studio?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] how to build a studio?
From: Joe Hartley (jh_AT_brainiac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 16:59:05 EEST

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:30:45 +0530
Joshua N Pritikin <vishnu_AT_pobox.com> wrote:
> i think i need speakers too.
>
> Is there anything like digital speakers or digital amps which
> can accept ADAT directly from my linux box and turn it into
> sound?

There are now powered studio monitors that will take digital out and
need no external amplification; I think that'll be my next studio
purchase when there's the cash!

I have not yet gone into the local Guitar Center to listen to them
yet as that would just make me frustrated at this time! Check out
websites like musiciansfriend.com to see what's out there - try a
search on "digital monitor speaker".

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh_AT_brainiac.com
    129 Petta. Lake Rd,  Saunderstown, RI 02874 - vox 401.338.9214