RE: [linux-audio-user] Can't get rosegarden4 to record from ALSA virmidi

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Can't get rosegarden4 to record from ALSA virmidi
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 17:24:14 EEST

> In case anyone's interested, Rosegarden is a sequencer app that
> uses the ALSA
> MIDI sequencer API. What I'm trying to do is load a the virmidi
> device, and
> then aconnect 72:0 73:0 for example. Then I set up the record device in
> Rosegarden to record from 73:0, and set up a play track that
> plays on 72:0.
> Thus when I record, I would expect that events get recorded onto
> the record
> track, but it doesn't happen. I also can't record events to that
> track if I
> play them from PD, using the OSS compatilibilty interface,
> through a device
> that is symlinked to 72:0.

Larry,
   I'll ask the only question I know to ask from when I was playing with
Rosegarden. As I remember the app, on the configuration page you have to
choose which MIDI interface you're going to record from. It would play to
all 4 of my MIDI ports, but it would only record from the one that was
chosen on this configuration tab.

   Does this say virmidi right now? (BTW - I've not used virmidi, so I don't
know if this changes things too much.)

Cheers,
Mark