[linux-audio-user] [Fwd: audio card for linux]

Subject: [linux-audio-user] [Fwd: audio card for linux]
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 19:41:19 EEST

Greetings:

  I know that the RME HDSP card is probably what Oeyvind is looking for,
but I thought that perhaps some users might care to share their
experiences with it. Please cc any replies to him as well the list,
thanks !

Best regards,

== dp

attached mail follows:

hello Dave

I've been wanting to plunge into Linux for realtime audio for a long
time.
And especially after you nice article in Linux Journal.
Moreover, the stuff about the new kernel with even lower latency sounds
very exciting.

I might get a chance to sell my Layla audio card,
then I can buy a nw card that is Linux compatible.
But I find it hard to get a grip on what's supported, and in what way it
is supported.
I need a multichannel card (at least 8 in 8 out, 16in/out would be
best).
Some of the ins and outs needs to be analog (8 analog i/o is pretty
common and suits me well).
I''m on a laptop, so I'll need PCIMCI or Firewire.

Could you recommend a card ?
Thanks a lot for any help.

best,
Oeyvind

--
; Web site for Csound, music, sensors and more.
http://www.teks.no/oeyvind

; and ... http://www.kroyt.com http://www.soundscape-studios.no